Construction Starts January 2020
Clackamas County has awarded a $23.8-million contract to Kerr Contractors to construct the first phase of transportation improvements for the Clackamas Regional Center Mobility Improvements Project.
This project is intended to improve safety and traffic flow for motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians and transit riders in the Clackamas Regional Center area. Funded through tax increment financing from Clackamas Town Center Urban Renewal District, improvements include new sidewalks and bike lanes, restriped roadways, new traffic signals, I-205 bridge widening, stormwater facilities, and ADA ramps. See map of construction areas below.
What to know about construction
- All major roadways will remain open during construction (Sunnyside Road, Harmony Road and I-205).
- At times, there will be limited lane closures to accommodate work in the roadway.
- All work affecting traffic near Sunnyside/I-205 interchange will be completed at night.
- Temporary routes for pedestrians and cyclists will be provided.
- Accesses to residential properties and local businesses will be maintained throughout construction.