The Clackamas Regional Center Mobility Improvements Project will result in more than 30 transportation projects to improve safety and increase traffic flow in the Clackamas Regional Center for motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and transit riders. Traffic congestion in this area presents major challenges affecting safety, multimodal access, and economic development issues. This project therefore aims to:
- Provide a safe and efficient transportation system
- Address needs of residents, businesses, and the public
- Balance different modes of transportation: motor vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, transit, and freight
In consultation with the public and technical advisors, the County has identified projects that will benefit residents, businesses, and the traveling public. Funding is from tax increment revenue raised by the Clackamas Town Center Urban Renewal District Project. Construction will begin in the Spring of 2019.
Projects will generally be in the following areas:
- 82nd Avenue from Sunnyside Drive to Sunnybrook Blvd
- Harmony Road from Fuller Road to 82nd Avenue
- Sunnyside Road from 82nd Avenue to SE Stevens Road
- Sunnybrook Boulevard from 82nd Avenue to 84th Avenue
Click on the map below for an overview of the major transportation projects planned.