The Clackamas Regional Center Mobility Improvements will build off and refine work done to date, particularly the County Transportation System Plan, Clackamas Regional Center Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan, and Clackamas Connections Project. Projects from those three plans are shown on the map below. These projects serve as the initial menu of projects to be evaluated for inclusion in a “package” of transportation improvements that can be constructed with available funding. Some modifications or additions to these projects may also be proposed.
Transportation System Plan Projects
1. Harmony Road: Construct bikeways and pedestrian facilities from Linwood Ave. to North Clackamas Aquatic Park.
2. Harmony/Sunnyside/82nd: Extend queue storage on westbound approach and rebuild median; extend queue storage on eastbound approach and install median; convert to right-in-right-out accesses on frontage road.
3. Sunnybrook Blvd/82nd: Add dual southbound left-turn lanes, extend queue storage for southbound lefts and westbound lefts.
4. Sunnyside Road: Modified boulevard treatment from 82nd to 97th Ave. including lane redesign, medians, beautification, curb extensions, reconstructed sidewalks, landscaping and south side bikeways. Consider flashing yellow arrow for left-turns at signalized intersections.
5. 84th Drive: Fill in bikeways and pedestrian facilities gaps from Sunnyside to Sunnybrook.
6. 82nd Avenue: Widen to 7 lanes with boulevard treatments from Sunnyside to Sunnybrook.
7. New roadway connection: Connection from Sunnyside Drive to North Clackamas Aquatic Park including lane design, sidewalks, landscaping and signal at Harmony intersection.
Clackamas Regional Center Pedestrian and Bike Plan Projects
Route 1: Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center
8. Clackamas Town Center: Construct walkway from Max Green Line platform directly south through existing fence along north and eastern edges of the Clackamas town Center southeast parking lot to the I-205 multi-use path via stairway and/or to Sunnyside Road.
9. Sunnyside Road & I-205: Traveling south on the I-205 multi-use path install a pedestrian signal to cross the I-205 northbound/Sunnyside intersection across the right turn lane.
10. Sunnyside Road: Widen I-205 overpass on Sunnyside Road for bicyclists/pedestrians. Or construct separate bicycle/pedestrian bridge over I-205.
11. Sunnyside Road: Construct sidewalk extension/bulb to accommodate pedestrians and cyclists around signal pole at the Sunnyside Road/I-205 northbound interchange.
12. Sunnyside Road: Install “green” transition bike lane from where bike lane ends on Sunnyside Road travelling west to the I-205 overpass.
13. Sunnyside Road: Widen Sunnyside Road to the north for a bike lane on Sunnyside Road from the I-205 northbound/Sunnyside intersection to approximately 200 feet to the east.
Route 2: Eagle Landing Mixed-use Development / Stevens Road Commercial Area
14. Sunnyside Road & I-205: Analyze feasibility of constructing multi-use path from I-205 northbound/Sunnyside Road intersection north to Bob Schumacher Road.
Route 4: 82nd Avenue Development / Housing
15. 82nd Avenue: Install transit amenities along 82nd Avenue within project area.
16. 82nd Avenue: Install bike lanes on 82nd Avenue within the project area, if adequate right-of-way exists. If not, acquire right-of-way for bike lanes along 82nd Avenue.
17. 82nd Avenue: Analyze feasibility of decreasing number of driveways and implementing 82nd Avenue access.
Route 5: Clackamas Promenade Shopping Center
18. Clackamas Promenade: Construct pedestrian connection along access drive within the Promenade from the crosswalk on Sunnyside Road at about the 9000 block (Petco).
19. Clackamas Promenade: Analyze feasibility of strategically locating and constructing walkways within Clackamas Promenade parking lot.
20. Clackamas Promenade: Construct walkway(s) from the second driveway heading south through the Promenade Shopping Center parking lot.
21. Clackamas Promenade: Construct an east/west connector walkway west of 93rd Avenue along the north side of the Target store.
22. 93rd Avenue: Install bike lanes along 93rd Avenue.
23. 84th Avenue: Construct sidewalks along the west side of 84th Avenue. (Sidewalk exist along east side of 84th Avenue.)
24. 84th Avenue: Install bike lanes along 84th Avenue.
Route 6: Clackamas Community College (CCC) / Oregon Institute of Technology / North Clackamas Aquatic Park
25. Clackamas Town Center: Construct walkway along existing north/south street in the Clackamas Town Center southeast parking lot to Sunnyside Road.
26. Sunnyside Road: Prepare traffic study to analyze feasibility of reducing travel lanes or other modifications to add pedestrian/bike improvements including landscaping on Sunnyside Road between 82nd Avenue and I-205.
27. Sunnyside Road: Repair heaving sidewalks along south side of Sunnyside Road adjacent to Promenade and on south side of Sunnyside Road between 82nd and I-205.
28. Sunnyside Road: Analyze need for additional crosswalks across Sunnyside Road between 82nd Avenue and the I-205 overpass. If needed, provide additional crosswalk(s)/pedestrian refuge areas.
29. Harmony Road: Add and paint bike stencils along Harmony Road.
30. Harmony Road: Install lighting along Harmony Road west of Sunnyside Road.
31. Harmony Road: Analyze need for additional crosswalks across Harmony Road west of 82nd Avenue at the CCC Harmony campus area. If needed, provide additional crosswalk(s).
32. Harmony Road: Provide safer left turn movement for cyclists from Harmony Road to the CCC Harmony Campus.
33. Harmony Road: Paint crosswalk at intersection of Harmony Road and Fuller Road.
34. Harmony Road: Analyze ingress/egress to CCC Harmony Campus west of 82nd Avenue. Consider requiring vehicles to use entrance further west at signalized intersection if traffic issue exists or require modification to existing access ways to increase safety for pedestrians and bicyclists.
35. Harmony Road: Construct/replace sidewalks along Harmony Road, west of 82nd to Fuller Road.
36. Sunnyside Road: Extend Sunnyside Road multi-use path to the intersection of 82nd Avenue/Harmony Road.
Route 7: Clackamas Community College Harmony Campus to Kaiser Sunnyside Hospital
37. North Clackamas Aquatic Park: Construct bikeway from existing aquatic center multi-use path east to 82nd Avenue/Sunnybrook Blvd.
CRC Connections Projects
Projects previously identified in the Clackamas Regional Center Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
38. Sunnyside Road: Traveling south on the I-205 multi-use path, install a pedestrian signal to cross the I-205 southbound/Sunnyside intersection across the right turn lane. Perform traffic analysis as needed to evaluate potential vehicle queuing impacts. Modifications subject to ODOT approval.
39. Sunnyside Road: Construct sidewalk extension/bulb to accommodate pedestrians and cyclists around signal pole at the Sunnyside Road/I-205 northbound interchange.
40. Harmony Road: Provide safer left turn movement for cyclists from Harmony Road to the CCC Harmony Campus.
41. Clackamas Town Center: Install pedestrian safety devices (e.g. pedestrian signal, signage) for the crosswalk at the Max Green Line Park & Ride to JC Penney.
Additional Safety (S) Projects
42. 82nd Avenue: North entrance to Clackamas Town Center on 82nd make right in, right out only and remove signal. Perform traffic analysis as needed to evaluate traffic diversion to adjacent roadways and intersections.
43. 82nd Avenue: Install traffic separator from Sunnyside Road to Sunnyside Drive.
44. 82nd Avenue: Traffic separator from Monterey to Harmony/Sunnyside intersection.
Additional Pedestrian Crossing (X) Projects
45. Fuller Road: Pedestrian crossing treatment on Fuller Road in the vicinity of SE Southgate.
Additional Active Transportation (AT) Projects
46. Clackamas Town Center: North-south bike-ped connection through Clackamas Town Center connecting SE 90th with Clackamas Promenade.
47. Clackamas Town Center: North-south bike-ped connection through Clackamas Promenade connecting to Oak Bluff Road on the south side.
48. Harmony Road: North-south bike-ped connection connecting Sunnybrook path with Harmony Road, west of Aquatic Center, between Clackamas Community College and Chamber of Commerce building.